A guide to fifty beautiful trails in the Berkshires by Rene Laubach, former director of Mass Audubon's Berkshire Wildlife Sanctuaries. Whether you live nearby or are visiting for a day, this is a great year-round guide to the area. You'll discover recommended trails for all ability levels and all seasons.
Ideal for hikers of all skill levels, from families and nature lovers to advanced backpackers, this fully revised and updated third edition covers hikes stretching from Mount Greylock south to Bash Bish Falls. It also includes ten entirely new trips. You’ll find the state’s most inspiring vistas, background on flora and fauna, and suggested locations for snowshoeing and cross-country skiing. You'll also find these features:
- Locator map and at-a-glance trip planner for easy trip selection
- GPS coordinates for every trailhead and turn-by-turn directions for every hike
- Detailed route map for every trip, showing parking areas, trails, and natural highlights
- Summaries of time, distance, and difficulty level for each hike
- Hiking and safety tips, including advice on what to carry in your pack
- Essays on the nature and history of the region